Posted on Wed 12 Sep 2018, 09:12 PM

INEC has denied reports which made the rounds earlier on Wednesday, saying the commission intendsm to postpond the 2019 governorship election over threats of violence.

Ina statement signed by Rotimi Oyekanmi, the Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman, the commission said the comment made by the Chairman in a meeting of the Inter-agency Consultative Committee on Election Security, was twisted out of context. 

INEC said the concern on security was to the extend of demanding regular meeting of all stakeholders to ensure that nothing is left undone in ensuring that next year's election is peacefull.

Read the full statement below:

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Get the Latest News updates from Homeland New. Read more
Phone: +234 818 217 4858
Email: info@homelandnewsng.com

Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter to get latest updates!

Connect With Us