It is day 378 after the kidnap of over 219 girls from a government secondary school in Chibok, Borno State.
The Bring Back our Girls Group has now launched a monitoring campaign aimed at holding the Federal Government accountable to its promise of rescuing the girls before the May 29 handover date.
At a Press Conference in Abuja on Sunday, the group expressed concerns that the public is not being told the whole truth of efforts to rescue the girls.
One of the members of the group, Veronica Bakam said that the government should come clean on what it is doing to ensure the girls are freed to rejoin their families.
Several promises have been made by government to secure the freedom of the girls but at each time, more twists and confusion spring up in the waiting game. One of those was an alleged ceasefire deal between the Federal Government and the insurgents, Boko Haram. It was announced by the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Bade, reported to be facilitated by the President of Chad, Idris Derby. It was said to be the launch for the release of the girls. It eventually ended as mere rumours.
It would be recalled that the national security adviser Colonel Sambo Dasuki, had earlier this month declared that Nigerian troops prosecuting the Boko Haram war in the North-East will rescue the Chibok schoolgirls and other Nigerians being held by the insurgents before the May 29 handover date.